Sunday, July 18, 2010

Summer cleaning

We did summer cleaning today in the workshop...since I missed spring cleaning. Average temps of 95 degrees, hubby and I were out there doing our twice yearly clean up. Wiped down counters, scrubbed the floor, installed a big new fan, put down an anti-slip mat (yeah!), and consolidation of supplies. It feels great to be organized and I cannot wait to get out there later tonight and make soap!

You'd hardly think I'd have the energy, I mean it was HOT today and we were both getting pretty sweaty and very dirty. But I've got a clean and organized workshop. I cannot express how happy and energized that makes me!

I have a long list of things to make this week. Starting with 'Pacific Blue' and 'Lemon Bouquet', then moving on to 'Yuba Wild' and 'Garden Mint'. Our shaving soap is coming back as I've had quite the demand for it lately. Pretty low on goat milk soap, all flavors. And I'd like to make a couple new ones...something with coffee oil and something with almond. This may not seem like a very big list to some, but for a one-woman-operation like mine, that's a pretty tall order.

I may be absent for several days, as it appears my schedule is fairly full.

No comments: