Thursday, August 26, 2010

New Soap!

Summer has been busy for us! We acquired a couple more stores (A.P.P.L.E. in Nevada City, Eco Centric in Graeagle, and Davis Food Co-op in Davis) so I've been quite busy keeping things in stock.

However, I was able to carve out some time to create a new soap. I've been getting requests for a patchouli soap, just patchouli. If you are a customer of ours, you know I like blending essential oils and I don't use any single notes in my soap. However, I listen to my customers because they know best! So here is "Granite", steam distilled dark patchouli from Indonesia mixed with real (and it's beautiful stuff) Dead Sea mud from Israel. My inspiration for this soap came during a leisurely swim in the Yuba river this summer. If you're a local, you know that granite is sprinkled all over the river bed, it's just gorgeous. Anyway, I cut the soap today and it should be available in a couple weeks.

I'm mixing it up with my goat milk box set. I'll be keeping three of my original soaps: "Chilled Lavender", "Lemon!", and "Sweetheart". But the two other slots in the box will be filled with two new soaps! Not announcing them until they're ready, but they'll be nice compliments to the existing three.

In September we're launching a new product. It's been in development and test phase for over a year now, and I believe it's ready to meet the world. The clue is to "think outside the tube".

No comments: