Monday, January 7, 2008

Back at work


The holidays are over...I don't know about you, but I'm kinda relieved. Don't get me wrong, I *love* Thanksgiving, Christmas and New years eve, but I'm very excited to finally be starting 2008.

To me, the new year means a fresh slate, a new 'to do' list (both personal and professional), brainstorming new products, and snow...all very fun things.

So what's new in the workshop? I've got 2 new soaps coming out very soon. One is 'Cold Snap'...it's an in-your-face mint soap, stark white with eucalyptus, menthol and peppermint. It might be a tad early for that one...all you have to do around here is take a step outside for a bracing cool down! But come summer, this one will be awesome after a workout or just being out in the hot summer weather. It's ever so slightly tingly on the skin.

Soap #2 is my new "guy bar". It's a blend of lime, vetiver, patchouli and spruce. It smells very manly to me, but I personally adore it and I've been using that one exclusively. Only problem is, I'm having a heck of a time naming the soap. Usually, the name, color and essential oil blend all come together in this cohesive mix in my head...but the name for this one eludes me. Got any ideas? If someone can come up with a creative name that I like (and use), I'll send them a free bar.

A couple other soaps are in the works. Another citrus and a floral, both are still just ideas on paper.

I spent the morning putting my website back online. I've retired a couple soaps, but they'll be replaced by new ones. A couple soaps I'm out of stock on (sorry! it's been a very busy holiday for the company), but tomorrow I'm back in the workshop getting things made. Check out my updated website:

Frontier Angel Soap

I don't have any pictures from the workshop to share with you. But aside from making soap, I love exploring the out doors. We have some of the most beautiful areas to hike in Nevada County. Up top is a picture I snapped a couple weeks ago while climbing the mine tailings at Empire State Park, the sun was setting. See the little "survivor" tree growing out of the rock pile? Nature makes something beautiful from man's industry...amazing isn't it?

Have a good week!
Diane @ Frontier Angel Soap


No comments: