Friday, January 11, 2008

Aloha from my workshop!


Why aloha? Well, the sun is finally out today...or more correctly, it atleast made an appearance, which is really nice after all the rain we've gotten. It put me in a "beachy" mood. I put some surf theme music on the cd player and went to work. There's nothing like some Dick Dale to get things moving in the workshop!

Just a few pictures of what I'm working on today. A couple batches of my goat milk soap and a couple small batches for a private label.

This picture shows everything all weighed out and ready to melt. These are the hard oils, liquid oils are added later. And my soap tools; a knife for carving up those hard oils (like cocoa butter), spoon, and my indispensable stick blender for mixing everything together in a nice homogeneous blend. To the extreme right, you can just see a couple of my soap molds. They're way cool...wood box with a silicone liner. Today, it's 'Chilled Lavender' and 'Mineral Mud' going into these molds. The other two batches go in small molds (not pictured). Easy stuff today, it's Friday after all.

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

Serena said...

Hi Diane! I love your new blog! I'll stop by often!