Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pink is the color of October

The "Paint the Town Pink" event on October 30th was a big success! It feels really good to contribute to a good cause, meet new people (and many current customers), and snack on goodies. I'm not sure how the event organizers knew of my love for Lazy Dog ice cream, but they put my booth right next to their signature pink truck! They had this great display of pink topped cupcakes and cookies...I must confess that the temptation was too great and I helped myself to more than one.

I had plenty of soap samples to hand out. I filled my big punch bowl numerous times. It made my heart happy to see people rooting through there looking for their favorite scent. Many took more than one sample, but hey, somehow I totally understand.

If you'd like another opportunity to buy our soap, I have a couple shows coming up. A real small one at Eskaton Village in Grass Valley. It's being held Saturday, November 15, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. I'll have a very small display there, along with my gift sets. Coffee and snacks are being sold, proceeds going to the Arthritis foundation.

Also, Cornish Christmas is approaching FAST! It starts Friday, November 28th, the day after Thanksgiving. I'll have my usual booth set up. I'm not sure of my location yet, but I'm hoping for the same spot as last year. The corner of Mill and Main streets, right in front of our friend's store, Dave's Shoe Repair.

If you've never been to Cornish Christmas and you live in California, this event is worth the drive (45 minutes north of Sacramento). If everyday life has depleted your Christmas spirit, this event will cure even the most humbug of moods. You'll meet folks dressed in victorian costume or maybe you'll even meet an elf! Food, local crafts, carolers, musicians...you name it, we've got it. It's usually pretty chilly, so dress warmly. Come and get some Christmas cheer!

Speaking of Cornish Christmas, I still have plenty of work to do before then. Excuse me while I get back in the workshop...more later.

No comments: