Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Inspiration and Impatience

I am bursting with ideas for new soap...I should be thrilled, right? One big problem: I am out of one of my main soaping oils. Argh! Ok, no problem, quick on the phone and order up some oil from a fine semi-local supplier. Since this particular supplier isn't that far away, I expected a quick turn around. A few days later, no oil. After several calls and several promises to get it out asap, I am still looking for a delivery. I am praying it shows up tomorrow, because I am (almost literally) on fire to get down to the business of making soap!

Well, I suppose it's my own fault...in all the frenzy of getting the holiday orders tied up, I missed restocking ONE item. Not too bad considering all the different raw materials I use. However, this one oil, I cannot make soap without it, it's critical to my formula. So I'm waiting and watching...patiently.

On the positive side, in all the long hours of waiting for my delivery, I have brainstormed yet another new soap to my long list of possible new flavors. If I love them all as much as I'm thinking I will, half will be launched in late winter (February-ish), and the rest just as the summer markets kick off in May.

Can you be patient with me? It will be worth it, I promise!

No comments: