Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My soap spoke to me today...

Imagine my surprise, as I'm wrapping soap for a wholesale account, when I see what appears to be a word in my soap! A greeting, just a simple word: "Yo!" (exclamation added by me). Visions of 'Rocky' and the voice of Sylvester Stallone in my head for a brief moment.

I often get smiley faces and what looks like the Arabic alphabet. Once, I even got a dragon with a tail shaped like a spade. All of these "designs" are serendipitous. See, I make soap in big 60 pound blocks and while there is some effort to make artistic flourishes with color and texture, any words or pictures created inside the soap is just a happy accident.

This soap is now on the shelf at one of the local stores that I sell to. I hope whomever buys it, will see the greeting and smile.

Yo!

No comments: