Sunday, June 5, 2011

Shave and a hair cut?

Ok...I can't help you with the hair cut part, but shaving?  Got you covered!

Last year I carried a nice men's shaving soap.  The reason I stopped carrying it is because I was having a hard time finding a decent brush to go with the soap, and I really want my customers to be happy. I'm thrilled to report that the search for a good brush is finally over!  I recently purchased some badger hair brushes (SO much better than those cheap boar bristle brushes that shed).

Father's day 2011 will be the relaunch of my shaving soap PLUS a good starter brush.  We will also sell the soap without a brush, for those who just want to restock their shaving mug.

About the soap...it's scented with a cooling blend of menthol and eucalyptus and I've added a touch of spice (clove and cinnamon).  It's also got clay and Irish moss for "slip" so you get that extra smooth finish.  This year, I've added beer to the recipe (hey, this IS a guy's soap), plus it adds to the lather.

So ditch those cans of shaving foam/gel and go for something more natural.  You'll also be doing our landfills a favor since our soap is wrapped in biodegradable paper.  Look for the soap to be available on our website about a week before Father's day.  We'll also carry it at our farmers markets.

We love Dad!

No comments: