Thursday, September 18, 2008

Here's a sneak peek of a new soap that I made for a special project, it's called "Lemon Bouquet"... a lovely blend of lavender and lemon/lemongrass, with soy milk added. The photo shows this soap somewhere in the middle of it's long process to completion. It's one of my more intense soaps as I have to hand cut all the flowers. Ouch! My hand gets really sore, but the final look of the soap is worth the effort.

"Lemon Bouquet" is going to be sliced into 700 small pieces and handed out to the attendees of "Paint the Town Pink", a Women’s Expo benefiting breast cancer research. I've met some really brave women at this event, I'm inspired to help and honored to be included as a vendor.

My seasonal pumpkin soap is done and curing, it should make it's debut on my website and at the market next week. This soap contains pumpkin puree and spicy essential oils: cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and clove. I'm only making one large batch of this, so when it's gone, that's all there is!

No comments: