Monday, October 20, 2008

Fall Festivals in Full Swing!

We attended a really cool event yesterday...the North Columbia Schoolhouse Cultural Center Autumn Shindig. Wow, was that fun! I kick myself for not bringing the camera, there was so much to see.

My favorites were the organic cotton candy and yummy tamales, The Anderson Family bluegrass, and Penny the award winning face painter (she was *amazing*). There were organic farms with their beautiful fall veggies, jewelry, woven rugs, leather workers, and me, the local soap maker.

The weather was perfect, that filtered fall sunlight that makes colors seem more intense. The location, up in the hills on the way to Malakoff Diggins. It was a pleasure to be part of this group of vendors...several of which I know from my Saturday farmers market. The locals that we met were so friendly and fun, we're already looking forward to attending next year!

Hey, next Saturday, October 25th is our last Saturday market on Commercial Street in Nevada City. This market should be an extra fun one...costumes encouraged!

No comments: